Introducing low frequency pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMFs) to the body enhances the function of cells. The entire body communicates through frequencies. Atoms and cells generate EMFs, and each organ of the body produces its own unique signature electromagnetic field. When electromagnetic fields weaken or are disrupted, the energy of the body weakens and becomes impaired. PEMFs stimulate electrical and chemical processes in tissues by supporting cellular energy. When electromagnetic conduction within the body ceases, life ceases.
Early History of Electromagnetism
Nearly a century ago in 1923, Russian biologist Alexander Gurwitsch proclaimed, “Every living cell also produces electromagnetic currents.” He initiated his research with the belief that all physical and biochemical reactions have as their essence electromagnetic energy, Also, around the same time frame, another Russian born researcher, Georges Lakhovsky, was also convinced that the human body and therefore the cells in that body are equipped with biological receivers that react to every stimulus in the environment. In his book, The Secret of Life: Electricity, Radiation and Your Body, he stated, “Every cell in a body is stimulated by the resonating interaction of the rhythmical flow of electromagnetic currents.” While working in France, Georges Lakhovsky invented the Multiple Wave Oscillator which he used in a medical center for treating many issues.
Magnetism is a phenomenon in nature produced by the motion of electric charge, resulting in attractive and repulsive forces between objects. It is a force that keeps cosmic order throughout the galaxy, allowing stars and planets to spin at significant velocities. In the past, it was believed that there was basically no difference between north and south pole energy and either side of a magnet was considered useful for any health problem you might encounter. However, research reveals there is a definite difference between the two opposing forces. North pole energy (also called negative energy) contains electrons which spin left (counterclockwise) while south pole energy (also called positive energy) has electrons which spin right.
“Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D. provided a very important fundamental observation concerning magnetic response and therapy. He showed that when an injury occurs, the injured area registers magnetically positive (south pole). After a few hours the site of the injury without any outside magnetic influence registers negative (north pole). What this shows is that north pole energy is a sign of healing while south pole energy is a signal of injury and disorder.”
Research of Dr. William Philpott
“From 1950 to 1990, Dr. William H. Philpott, M.D., practiced and specialized in psychiatry, neurology, electroencephalography, nutrition, environmental medicine and toxicology. He was a founding member of the Academy of Orthomolecular Psychiatry, and a fellow of the Orthomolecular Psychiatric Society and the Society of Environmental Medicine and Toxicology. From 1970 to 1975, Dr. Philpott conducted a research project to identify the causes of major mental illness and degenerative disease. This research resulted in the publication of two books: Brain Allergies: The Psychonutrient and Magnetic Connections and Victory Over Diabetes. In 1990, after forty years of medical practice, Dr. Philpott retired and dedicated the rest of his career to researching magnetic therapy and to helping doctors in the field of orthomolecular medicine understand its use. During this time, Dr. Philpott compiled extensive data on the use of the negative magnetic field as a therapeutic agent for virtually every pathological condition in human health. In-depth discussions and protocols can be found in a series of newsletters and manuscripts published by Dr. Philpott from 1995 to 2005. It was also during this time that Dr. Philpott published two more books Bio-Magnetic Handbook and Magnet Therapy, the latter of which, is the book that Dr. Philpott is best-known for. In 1998, Dr. Philpott was presented with The Linus Pauling Award by The Orthomolecular Health Society for his “scientific leadership and scholarship spanning the entire history of orthomolecular medicine.”
Clinical Observations of Dr. William Philpott
North Pole Negative Polarity (-)
- Fights infection
- Relieves pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Encourages restorative sleep
- Increases cellular oxygen
- Normalizes acid balance
- Supports biological healing
- Reduces fluid retention
- Pulls fluids and gases
- Reduces fatty deposits
South Pole Positive Polarity (+)
- Accelerates microorganism growth
- Increases pain
- Can increase inflammation
- Stimulates wakefulness
- Decreases cellular oxygen
- Encourages high acid levels
- Inhibits biological healing
- Increases edema
- Pushes fluids and gases
- Encourages fatty deposits
Magnetic therapy works by affecting our blood. Normally the blood operates in a North Pole orientation, or under a North Pole effect. In this polarity the blood is oxygenated and its process of distributing nutrients and pulling wastes and toxins from injured tissue is made most efficient. When the body is ill or injured the polarity of the site is switched by the body to a South Pole orientation. This creates faster, excited movement meant to draw blood cells to the area for healing. The blood does not work well in a prolonged South Pole orientation. Its movement does not allow normal function and an acid state is developed, which micro-organisms, viruses and malignancy thrive in. Once the blood has been drawn to the area, the body, with the help of the earth’s magnetic field is supposed to change the polarity of the blood back to a North Pole orientation so positive activity by the blood may take place.
To learn how light generates magnetic energy as it passes through water, see the post, “Water and Light Generates Energy.” Hydration is important for generating an abundance of electromotive energy. Electromotive is a term defining the electromagnetic energy which provides mobility of the body. Up to 30% of a person’s energy is electromotive (electromagnetic impulses).
In Dr. Philpott’s book Magnet Therapy on page 19, Dr. Kyorchi Nakagawa, MD states that nearly 50% of the earth’s natural electromagnetic field has diminished due to modern technology. No wonder people are suffering from the symptoms of a diminished electromagnetic field.
How Magnetism Works with Blood
By using a pulsed electromagnetic field generator, we can convert the polarity of the blood in the injury/illness area allowing the blood to work as it should, pulling wastes and toxins away to the kidneys and other cleansing organs, clearing a path for good cell growth aided by the nutrients the blood can now deliver. Use a natural field to act as a catalyst to normal blood functions. The body can now heal itself naturally. Of course if there are broken bones or vertebrae out of place the magnets will not do it alone, this is time for a good chiropractor or medical care.
When pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) is applied over an injured area, the magnetism goes into the tissues and surrounds the damaged cell. The magnetic field that is created around the outside of the cell will pull the ions, both inside and outside, back into alignment. The result is that the ions once again return to their correct position within the cell. The extra fluid that has penetrated the cell is pushed out (via osmosis and diffusion) and returned to the surrounding tissues. The cell regains its natural balance and any damage begins repairing.
Benefits of PEMF
- Provides Oxygen to the Cells: Since the cells are weak magnets containing both a positive and negative charge, the cell assumes the polarity of the magnetic field around it. Thus the counterclockwise spin of North Pole energy pulls oxygen into the cell.
- Normalizes the Acid/Alkaline Balance: North Pole Negative energy is alkalizing yet doesn’t over-alkalize with the effect of normalizing the pH. An over-acid system produces allergies, toxic states, sore/stiff muscles, chemical hypersensitivity and many disease states. Insect bites also produce an acid state in the body which often overpowers the immune system.
- Encourages Deep Sleep: During sleep the polarity of the brain and central nervous system switches to negative magnetic energy. Placing the body and particularly the brain in a negative magnetic field encourages deep sleep by magnetically charging the crystals in the Pineal Gland which respond by producing Melatonin which in turn regulates sleep patterns and even brain response.
- Builds Immunity: All known microorganisms whether bacterial, viral or fungal and parasites whether tape worms, pin worms, heart worms, etc, are positive magnetic energy driven and therefore can be stunned or retarded by the application of North Pole Negative. They are further damaged by the oxygen now in the cells and the alkaline environment produced by the North Pole Negative energy.
- Reduces Fluid Retention: Intercellular edema (meaning inside the cells) is reduced when Negative North Pole energy is introduced to it because it helps normalize the action of the Sodium/Potassium Pump and gets the Sodium out of the cell and the Potassium in it. The excess fluid is then carried away by the blood and lymph. Extracellular edema (meaning outside the cells) exists in areas without drainage capacity like your eye, sinuses and joints is helped by putting the North Pole Negative energy to the side of the affected area so the fluid will be drawn away and toward an outlet.
- Relieves/Stops Pain & Other Symptoms: Since pain is usually a symptom of an imbalance in pH and/or inflammation of the area, pain often simply disappears because there is no longer a need for it.
- Promotes Mental Acuity & Reasonableness: The North Pole Negative energy also normalizes abnormal electrical firing in the brain and calms an electrically overcharged brain.
- Aids in Reducing & Dissolving Fatty Deposits: The North Pole Negative energy is alkaline and therefore neutralizes the acid in fatty tissue thereby dissolving the substance. This is done very slowly. Don’t expect results overnight.
- Aids in Reducing Fat & Calcium in the Circulatory System: Along with the aforementioned neutralization of fatty deposits, the increased cellular activity further stimulates movement of the hemoglobin in the blood vessels thus decreasing deposits in them. (Altered States)
Quick Summary of PEMF Therapy Benefits
1. Increases blood supply to all areas of the body, reducing swelling.
2. Increases new blood vessel formation where needed, reducing pain.
3. Increases oxygenation of blood, increasing speed of regeneration/healing.
4. Increases cell wall function, moving potassium, chloride, calcium, etc.
History of FDA Approvals
- In 1979, the FDA approved PEMF therapy for the healing of nonunion fractures.
- In 1998, for urinary incontinence and muscle stimulation.
- In 2004, for cervical fusion patients at high risk of non-fusion.
- In 2006, for treatment of depression and anxiety.
- In 2011, for treatment of brain cancer.
- On October 13th, 2015, the FDA reclassified PEMF devices from their existing Class 3 category (must be FDA preapproved for a certain use) to a Class 2 status (general), and most PEMF devices that are sold today in the United States are FDA registered as wellness devices.1
In 2009, NASA was awarded a US patent (7,601,114 B2) for PEMF research on tissue repair, used for maintaining the health of astronauts in space.2 I highly recommend reading through the details of this patent for a better understanding of the healing process of PEMF therapy.
PowerStrips Provide 24 Hour PEMF Treatment
PowerStrips provide mild 24 hour PEMF treatment, similar to the large Multi-Pulsar unit, in a 3 1/2″ X 5″ convenient topical strip applied directly to the area needing energy. PowerStrips supply nutritional components as well, fermented Korean red ginseng and marine phytoplankton. If your energy field could benefit from PEMFs, consider using topical PowerStrips and/or purchasing a Multi-Pulsar unit.
3 in 1 system
Variable speed from 1 pulse to 75 pulses per minute
Colloidal silver generator
Bob Beck type blood zapper
Bob Beck type magnetic pulser 6500-7000 gauss at 7 pulses per minute
Doesn’t overheat after a short time
- 99.99% pure silver electrodes
- Sea salt
- Velcro wrist strap
- 1 pair of 99% silver electrodes
- Cotton electrode sleeves
- Easy instructions
Text summaries and images used with permission from Altered States, manufacturer of the Multi-Pulsar.