- Urinary bladder peak time is 3 pm to 5 pm
- Color association: blue
- Season most active: winter
- Negative emotions: easily irritated, timid
- Positive emotion: soothed, caring
- Essential oil: tea tree
- Teeth: 2nd incisors upper and lower right and left sides (7, 10, 23, 26)
The urinary bladder meridian has 67 points, beginning at the inside of the eye, traveling down the body to the outside of the little toe. It travels down the spine in two lines on a traditional acupuncture chart. I tend to call it the double wide meridian, even though the line closest to the spine and the one directly outside the spine have different numbers. For simplification, one line is used on this chart.
- UB 41-43 Pain between the shoulder blades, neck, shoulder
- UB 44-46 Poor circulation, stabbing pain and discomfort
- UB 47-49 Mid-back pain, liver issues
- UB 50-52 Low back pain, kidney, spleen issues
- UB 56-58 Lower leg pain, inflammation, muscle cramps
- UB 59 Back of ankle pain, swelling, discomfort
- UB 64-65 Outside foot pain, foot cramps, swelling
Follow the chart for finding these points on your body. After locating a point, press on it a bit. Is it tender or sore? Do you have any of the conditions associated with this point? This may be a location needing increased meridian energy flow. Place a PowerStrip over the area needing energy.
Circling each wrist with a PowerStrip that is cut in half gives all meridians a general energy balance. View a wrist reflex chart.
Also, listening to the Tuning Fork Sound Therapy for Strengthening Organ Meridians CD aids in strengthening meridian energy flow.